Some fun facts about your pet's teeth:
- Dogs have 42 teeth and cats have 30, compared to humans, who usually have 32 teeth (28 if the wisdom teeth are removed)
- Dental disease is the most common disease in dogs and cats, meaning good dental health can literally add YEARS to your pet's life!
- Dental disease can cause many other diseases, including heart disease and kidney disease
- You can brush your pet's teeth! Just don't use "people toothpaste". There are toothpastes made just for your pet - with yummy flavors they'll love like chicken and tuna!
- Once you see buildup on your pet's teeth, no amount of brushing will remove that tartar. That is when your pet needs a professional dental cleaning!
- Dental cleaning does require general anesthesia
Remember, vets are pet dentists! Ask your vet about getting your pet's teeth cleaned!